Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gametime

I'm at the NH Obama HQ coordinating rides to the polls. We were here until 2 last night, got back in at 5 this morning; but despite only 2.5 hrs of sleep, only 2 cups of coffee, and only approximately a keyhole of daylight coming into the room, I'm stoked for the next 12 hours. Call me if you need a ride to the polls! Chatlos did.

We got a call from a guy registered to vote in NH but living in Boston who forgot to get an absentee ballot and needed a ride to the polls. We checked the ride out-of-state volunteer ride database from Boston and Chatlos' name popped up first, because he's scheduled to volunteer today. "Sweet," thought Jack, "I can send this guy up here with someone I actually know!" He called the guy back to pass the message, and when he hit send the phone recognized the number as "John Chatlos."

"Were you too embarrassed to tell me you forgot to vote?"

"Umm... yes."

Surreptitiousness fail!

1 comment:

Chatlos said...

How flattering to be the subject of your historical fiction, Matt!